List of Working Groups
List of Past Working Groups
WG New Media
Created: 31 August 2012
Chair: Pamela Gay
Mission: To nurture a professional astronomy culture that utilizes social media to disseminate science effectively.
- Review one social media channel and its effectiveness per issue of CAPj. (Submissions will follow the standard procedure for accepting articles. Proposed articles should be discussed and agreed with the Editor in Chief)
- Create and publish a map of which social media can be accessed where in the world (depending on the target audiences).
- Publish success stories of efficient social media usage.
- Publish discussions on ways to use social media to create professional development experiences for people at underserved universities (e.g., seminars in Second Life, Google hangouts).
- Publish information about best practices in research dissemination on wiki pages.
- Creating an IAU record of social media accounts of professional astronomers (as part of the already existing members’ profiles).
- Astro Comm Journal Club? (Twitter, to be adapted from scicommjc.wordpress.com.)