The CAP2021 organizing committee understands that moving a conference online does not eliminate all barriers. Therefore, the IAU is providing a few grants to support those who face barriers to online participation, such as high internet costs or childcare duties. The grants are meant for attendees who have limited means of support, e.g., colleagues from economically less privileged countries or situations and young scientists/communicators.
All grant applicants should submit their oral/poster contribution before their grant applications. (A grant application without prior abstract submission will NOT be considered). Grant winners will be expected to attend the conference in full as well as present their submission.
To apply for the IAU Grant
- complete the form below
- download and complete the IAU Grant Application Form (PDF or RTF file format) and send to cap2021 [at] oao.iau.org (use “CAP 2021 Virtual Edition” in the meeting number field)
If you cannot access the Google Docs form, please send us the following information to cap2021 [at] oao.iau.org:
- IAU Grant Application Form (PDF or RTF file format);
- Your Name;
- Are you a student/young professional/young researcher? (Less 3 year work experience, Younger than 35)?;
- Please tell us your motivation for attending CAP2021 (max 2000 characters);
- Grant amount requested (in Euros);
- Please describe in detail your need for the grant (max 500 characters).
For questions, please write to cap2021 [at] oao.iau.org