1. By metro (recommended)
The Metro connection from the airport (Line 3/Blue) to the city center is available from 06:30 to 23:30 (last train) every 30 mins ( :00 and :30).
Ticket for traveling to/from the airport costs:
6 Euros for one person
10* and 15* Euros for two and three persons respectively.
* For using these low priced tickets the passengers should be together during the train trip and get off at the same station.
You get on at the airport and get off at Syntagma Station.
There you change to Line 2 (Red - direction Ag. Antonios) for two stops and get off at Omonia station.
The Grand O and Acropol hotels are just outside the metro station.
The Baby Grand is 100 meters away on Athinas St. (walk towards Acropolis).
The Polis Grand Hotel is 50 meters to the opposite direction.
See the map of the hotels here and a map of the broader area here.
2. By Bus & Metro/Taxi (Recommended if you arrive from 23:00 – 05:00)
There is the X95 express bus line connecting the airport with the Syntagma Square, departing just outside the arrivals terminal of the airport.
It runs 24 h a day, at a frequency of 10-15 mins.
From there you:
- Change to the metro Line 2 (Red - direction Ag. Antonios) for two stops and get off at Omonia station (if the metro runs 05:30 – 00:10). In this case you should buy and validate a metro ticket (0.80 Euros).
- You can get a taxi to the hotels.
- You can walk approximately 1 km to get to the hotels (!).
3. By Taxi
Taxis are available outside the arrivals terminal.
Getting a taxi from the airport to Omonia Square can cost from 25-40 Euros depending on traffic and time of day (during the night there is a 50% surcharge).
There are extra costs when getting a taxi, like tolls, airport and luggage surcharge.
You can call to arrange for a taxi at +30 210 5152800
* Some (few) taxi drivers try to cheat and get extra fares especially from tourists. So please be careful.
For the people staying in Best Western Museum Hotel:
You can get off at Syntagma Metro Station. Cross the street and get on a Trolley (numbers 2, 4, 9, 11) for three stops. This will get you 100 meters from the hotel.
You should buy a bus/trolley ticket at the metro counters (costs 0.50 Euros) for this trip.
See the illustrated instructions here
For the people staying in Novotel:
When changing to Line 2 do not get off at Omonia Station but go for two more stops to Larissa Station. From there you can follow the instructions on the hotel map here.
Alternatively you can use the PROASTIAKOS (Suburban rail) from the Airport. You will probably need to change at a station (Neratziotissa) due to some works so it is not recommended but still you arrive at the same place (Larissa station).