Fulldome format presentations available for CAP 2018
– Using Multimedia, Social Media, Immersive Environments, and other Technologies for Public Engagement with Astronomy
The Communicating Astronomy with the Public 2018 conference will be hosted at the new Fukuoka City Science Museum, a venue equipped with a state of the art dome theatre that will allow the participants to enjoy up to a full day under the dome dedicated to “Using Multimedia, Social Media, Immersive Environments, and other Technologies for Public Engagement with Astronomy”.
Fulldome format submissions are welcomed by filling out this form and selecting dome format at the last question.
The topics debated under the dome can focus on:
• Data visualisation in astronomy communication;
• Astronomy communication inside the dome;
• Disruptive technologies;
• Social media and new media best practices and lessons learnt;
• Multimedia techniques;
• Technologies for the written word;
• Technologies for audiovisuals;
• Best of graphic design;
• What tech does the future hold for us?
APPLICATION FOR THE DOME SESSIONS
To present under the dome at CAP 2018, please complete the conference Registration and Abstract Submission and answer to the last question of the abstract submission form. The submission will undergo the CAP 2018 selection process by the SOC. Note that access to the dome is not guaranteed. You will be notified accordingly after the evaluation process. After you receive confirmation from the SOC that your presentation in the dome has been accepted, please contact the LOC via firstname.lastname@example.org to consult regarding technical logistics.
THE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR DOME PRESENTATIONS
Dome image (4K)
– Screening data specification: 4K dome master
– 4096 × 4096 pixels, 30 fps, .png or .jpg
– Audio file (2 channels, .wav, 16bit)
Delivery: Shipping via a storage medium (such as a HDD, etc.) with USB 3.0 interface or above (files cannot be sent through the internet). Please do not ship this before you receive a confirmation from the SOC that your presentation has been reviewed and accepted.
Notes: Individual Audio System are unable to be entertained
Dome image (2K)
Delivery data specification: 2K size .mp4 dome master video (30fps) and .wav format
In the case of a flat image: .mp4 or .wmv format