- Vacancies at the IAU Office of Astronomy for Development. There are two contract positions currently available at the IAU Office of Astronomy for Development (OAD) in Cape Town: Project Officer and
Communications Officer. These are opportunities for inspired individuals
to join the OAD team at its Cape Town headquarters, during an exciting
time in the OAD's life. With 41 projects from around the world funded so
far and more to come, there's a goldmine of good news stories that need
to be communicated, as well as opportunities for innovation in terms of
supporting this growing community of collaborators. We're looking to
fill these positions as soon as possible so watch out for the very short
deadlines for applications.
These and other opportunities can be found on: Opportunities @ OAD
- Vacancy at National Astronomical Observatory of Japan to provide administrative support for the IAU Office for Astronomy Outreach. The National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) hosts the IAU
Office for Astronomy Outreach (OAO). They have now opened an
administrative position and are looking for a fluent English and
Japanese speaking candidate to support the OAO office.
Interested people may check for the following link (Japanese only): PDF (181 KB)
- A 6 month internship to work with Cork's Space for Science (Ireland). CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory is a non-profit visitor centre that is home to a working research observatory, space science exhibit and workshop programme. The facility also operates a dynamic outreach agenda. We are looking for someone with a passion for science and astronomy to work with us on maintaining and increasing our online presence. You will have responsibility for the general running of the social media platforms from creating and uploading content on a regular basis to developing and managing digital and social media campaigns.
More information at: Internship: Online Marketing
- European Southern Observatory Science Journalism Intern
- European Southern Observatory Graphics Design Intern
- Hubble/Europe Science Journalism Intern
- Hubble/Europe Graphics Design Intern
- More Jobs at the career site of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO): http://careers.nrao.edu/
You can receive updates on this page via the CAPJournal RSS feed
Send new job postings to email@example.com